Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More Movies!

Here are my third and fourth projects for the first half of my film class. This first is called "Reunion", and it is about a man who has lost his beloved and longs to join her in the afterlife, which he ultimately does. The short was filmed on a Bolex 16mm camera in black and white.



The next video was shot on a Panasonic DVX-100 mini-DV camera. Called "Coffee Zombies", it's a humorous message about humanity's addiction to caffeine, with a bit of a poke at religion. If you can find the John Carpenter and Quentin Tarantino homages in this one, and answer what movies they honor, you get a free Internet cookie.



There were problems that arose with lighting on both projects, and the pacing on the second video could have been sped up some, but overall I was told by my instructor that the shots and composition were great. Next semester I'll definitely be improving my shooting skills with the camera, as well as tightening up my editing. Feel free to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment