Thursday, January 2, 2014

RL News

Welcome to my first blog post of 2014!  Christmas was full of food and games at my aunt's house.  New Year's Eve was spent in bed watching LAW & ORDER: SVU re-runs and listening to my landlord yell at his mentally handicapped cousin, and around midnight I got to hear him shooting his gun off in the neighborhood.  I contemplated calling the police anonymously just to shake the drunken drug addict up a bit, but thought better of it -- if he goes to jail, I lose my place to stay.

On a brighter note, it looks like the only pieces I need now in order to get my computer back up and running are new RAM cards to go into the slots on my motherboard.  I sold the old ones on eBay and am awaiting the completion of the payment processing.  So if all goes as planned, when I get paid a week from tomorrow I'll go buy new RAM cards and get my Internet back.  And then I'll be spending every free minute for the next week and a half catching up on everything I've missed, from watching "The Day of the Doctor" and "Time of the Doctor" to revamping old builds, and from writing a scholarly paper on one of my favorite films to writing up new screenplays.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed your winter holidays.  Good luck to all in this year 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment